This page help you to check Jobs at Save the Children | Driver 2021, Nafasi za kazi ya Udereva 2021, Nafasi za Udereva 400, Ajira leo, Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Check also: Jobs at KCB Bank Tanzania | Retail Banker 2021
New Jobs at Save the Children | Driver 2021
Level 3: √ the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
(Jobs at Save the Children , Nafasi za kazi ya Udereva 2021, Ajira leo)
- Jobs at Cool Blue Tanzania | Retail Sales Manager 2021
- Jobs at International School of Tanganyika (IST) | Swimming Instructor / MYP EAL 2021
- Jobs at Mwanza International School | Teachers 2021
- Selform Tamisemi go tz 2021 | Kubadili Tahasusi 2021
- Form Five Selection 2021 | Waliochaguliwa Kidato cha Tano 2021
Under the guidance of the Logistics and Admin Officer, the driver will be responsible to provide safe and reliable transport service to the designated staff and guests across Tanzania to implement Lishe Endelevu activities and other official businesses of Save the Children International (SCI) in a highly professional and efficient manner.
At the same time, adhere to the organization policies and follow road safety standards. (Jobs at Save the Children , Nafasi za kazi ya Udereva 2021, Ajira leo)
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Save the Children has been operational in Tanzania since 1986 providing support to children through developmental and humanitarian relief programmes delivered in support of Government of Tanzania priorities and policies both directly and through local partners. (Jobs at Save the Children , Nafasi za kazi ya Udereva 2021, Ajira leo)
Current programming focuses on child protection, child rights governance, education, nutrition, Health and emergency response. In 2012, as part of a global reorganization process, Save the Children combined programmes of SCUK, SCUS, SC Sweden to create a single operation in Tanzania.
We currently have an operational presence in Dodoma, Singida, Shinyanga, Zanzibar, Songwe and Kigoma as well as Dar es Salaam and we also work through partners in other parts of the country. We employ more than 100 staff and have an annual operating budget of approximately $12 million. (Jobs at Save the Children , Nafasi za kazi ya Udereva 2021, Ajira leo)
Reports to: Supply Chain and Admin officer
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Drive vehicle for official travel and business as requested by the supervisor.
- Maintain high standard of service to both internal and external officials
- Ensure punctuality and safe transport. (Jobs at Save the Children , Nafasi za kazi ya Udereva 2021, Ajira leo)
- Operate the official vehicle in accordance with SC regulations, know and observe all applicable traffic laws, ordinances, and regulations, and adhered to driving road safety standards
- Alcohol must not be consumed or present whilst on duty.
- Vehicle driver assumes all responsibility for any and all fines or traffic violations associated with his use of SCI vehicle
Car Security &Maintenance
- Ensure the vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition all the time. (Jobs at Save the Children , Nafasi za kazi ya Udereva 2021, Ajira leo)
- Regular inspection and cleanliness of the vehicle and ensure general maintenance service as specified in the Manufacturer’s manual and SC transport policies and procedures.
- Carry out day-to-day and weekly maintenance checks on SC vehicles which includes: check of engine, gear box, alarm system, vehicle tools, battery, locks, brakes, clutch fluid levels, loose nuts and bolts on the vehicle, unexpected noises, fluid leaks under the vehicle and any damage to the body or interior parts of the vehicle.
- Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, and prepare vehicle spare parts inventory.
- Prepare and submit vehicle-monitoring report, include records of the vehicle operation, maintenance, expenses, mileage at the end of the months.
- Assist Logistic and Admin Officer to ensure vehicle insurance and registration is updated according to the schedule
- Advise the Administration on minor or major repairs as soon as the problem is detected or arises. (Jobs at Save the Children , Nafasi za kazi ya Udereva 2021, Ajira leo)
- Assist in the delivery/collection of mail, equipment, supplies, documents to partners and other institutions as required.
- Ensure the car is full equipped with first Aid Kit and other safety material all the time.
Car Log book maintenance
- Send copy of vehicle logbook at the end of every month to Logistics and Admin Officer for computing and charging mileage costs to appropriate costs centers. (Jobs at Save the Children , Nafasi za kazi ya Udereva 2021, Ajira leo)
- Ensure the logbook is kept up to date as per the schedules of the trips and the responsible person sign the book after every trip.
- Drive in a safe and reasonable manner following the standard speed limits set by SC at all times and report an accident at the earliest opportunity.
- Make sure SC vehicles are fueled on half tank basis and every month end the tank is full before commencing the next month’s logbook.
- The Driver may be responsible for additional tasks and duties as and when required to support the overall Country Programme priorities.
- The post holder is required to comply with SCI policy and practice requirements with respect to health and safety, child protection, child safeguarding, equal opportunities, anti-fraud and corruption policy, and other relevant policies and procedures. (Jobs at Save the Children , Nafasi za kazi ya Udereva 2021, Ajira leo)
- The post holder will be responsible to fulfill any other duty assigned by the Supervisor.
All staff have an obligation to ensure they fully understand the provisions of the Child Safeguarding Policy, the Code of Conduct and related policies. They must conduct themselves in accordance with the rules of the Child Safeguarding Policy, in their personal and professional lives – which includes reporting suspicions of child abuse.
All staff must ensure the way they are carrying out their work is not putting children at risk (or further risk).
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values;
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved;
Ambition. (Jobs at Save the Children , Nafasi za kazi ya Udereva 2021, Ajira leo)
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same;
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters;
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength;
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to. (Jobs at Save the Children , Nafasi za kazi ya Udereva 2021, Ajira leo)
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions;
- willing to take disciplined risks;
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Form Four graduate or higher education is desirable
- Holder of a PSV Certificate from the National Institute of Transport (NIT)
- At least three years’ experience of successful driving both in towns and up country
- Significant experience working as a driver with an international non-governmental organization, donors and government bodies for health programmes. (Jobs at Save the Children , Nafasi za kazi ya Udereva 2021, Ajira leo)
- Have valid driving license, registration and valid permits at all the time.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Understanding in supply chain management in procurement, transport and distribution/ logistic.
- Understanding and commitment to principles of child rights and child protection.
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI’s aims, values and principles.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Kiswahili. (Jobs at Save the Children , Nafasi za kazi ya Udereva 2021, Ajira leo)
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience. However, you may be required to work reasonable additional hours as part of meeting your responsibilities.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures;
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. (Jobs at Save the Children , Nafasi za kazi ya Udereva 2021, Ajira leo)
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How to Apply
Date advertised: 19 Apr 2021
Closing date: 30 Apr 2021 – 23:59 EAT
Location: Morogoro, Tanzania, United Republic of
Type: Fixed-term contract