Latest Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Tanzania 2021, UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees,UNHCR jobs Tanzania 2021, Jobs in Tanzania 2021, UNHCR Tanzania. Check also:New Jobs at World Bank Group Tanzania 2021
Latest Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Tanzania 2021
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, takes the lead in protecting people forced to flee wars and persecution around the world, providing life-saving aid including shelter, food and water to ensure their basic safety, rights and dignity.
With 17,324 women and men working in 135 countries, we work tirelessly to make a difference in the lives of 79.5 million forcibly displaced people worldwide.
Job Title: Representative
Job ID :25763
Location :Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania-U.R.Of
Salary: Grade D1
Hardship: Level B
Family Location: Type Family
- New Ajira Portal Login | Utumishi Portal 2021
- Post Jobs Free 2021 & Read how to Post
- Latest Jobs at Kenya National Commission on Human Rights(KNCHR) Research Officers 2021
- New Form Five Selection 2021 | Waliochaguliwa Kidato cha Tano 2021
- Latest Form Five Second Selection 2020/2021
Procedures and Eligibility
Before submitting an application, UNHCR staff members intending to apply to this Job Opening are requested to consult the Recruitment and Assignments Policy (RAP, UNHCR/HCP/2017/2 and the Recruitment and Assignments Administrative Instruction (RAAI), UNHCR/AI/2017/7 OF 15 August 2017. (Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR))
Duties and Qualifications
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
As the High Commissioners senior representative in the country, the Representative provides managerial leadership and oversight to ensure UNHCR¿s effective performance in the country of her/his assignment. The incumbent usually manages a budget of USD 6 million and above.
Reporting to the Director of the Bureau, the Representative is responsible and accountable for translating organizational and Bureau-wide objectives and policies into effective programmes. (Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR))
Through a continuous process of situational analysis, the Representative works with his/her team to identify strategic objectives and develop coherent, consistent and effective responses to the challenges faced. (Latest Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Tanzania 2021)
He/she is responsible for ensuring the adequate provision of technical support and guidance to the office to enable them to fulfil their accountabilities, including those outlined in the Terms of Reference of UNHCR offices as well as the Age, Gender and Diversity Accountability Framework.
The Representative works to ensure that UNHCR is widely perceived as an effective and trusted partner. S/he is responsible for creating effective networks, relationships, partnerships, and synergies with governments, NGOs, relevant regional political and other for a, civil society, persons of concern and other key strategic partners and actors.
He/she lends visibility to important strategic issues, promotes concerted action and the commitment of sufficient resources and expertise to address important matters of concern to UNHCR. (Latest Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Tanzania 2021)
In a complex and demanding political and operational environment, the Representative strives to build a dynamic and sufficiently capacitated team.
S/he devolves appropriate authorities, facilitates the sharing of expertise and best practice and creates a climate of collaboration, which aims to empower and motivate colleagues to approach challenges with insight and innovation and to work toward achieving measurable and effective results.
The Representative is responsible to ensure a vibrant Multi-Functional Team approach is established and employed at different stages of the operations management cycle, including in programme monitoring, and engaging the participation of relevant functions within the operation.
S/he has a responsibility to inform the Bureau and other relevant parties at Headquarters of key political and operational developments in a timely manner.
The comports and actions of the Representative must always reflect the core values and principles embodied in UNHCR¿s mandate. A failure on the part of the Representative to adhere to these standards would have negative implications for UNHCR¿s credibility, operations and, ultimately, the protection and well-being of persons of concern to the Office.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks.
In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Stay abreast of the challenges posed by the local political context.
- Manage a consultative process within the country operations and with external partners. (Latest Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Tanzania 2021)
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications strategy that generates political and financial support for UNHCR operations. Mobilize financial support for UNHCR corporate priorities as well for country specific projects.
- Implement a results-oriented approach, engaging a robust Multi-Functional Team, for assessing, designing, delivering and monitoring the country operation.
- Ensure that the protection strategy is fully integrated into the country operations plan and that necessary resources are allocated to it. (Latest Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Tanzania 2021)
- Ensure the country operation’s adherence to UNHCR¿s policy on Age, Gender and Diversity Mainstreaming (AGDM).
- Ensure the country operation plans are consistent with the regional and global strategic priorities; manage a participatory process, with stakeholders, to apply UNHCR¿s standards and indicators in assessing and measuring the performance of the country operations.
- Promote accession to the Convention and Protocol and ensure the application of protection standards in the treatment of persons of concern especially women and children.
- Ensure persons of concern, especially women and children, have access to relevant information; ensure that cases of sexual violence and abuse against girls and boys are reported and dealt with expeditiously.
- Ensure the engagement of UNHCR in the UNCT, UN common programming, planning and funding activities and to actively contribute in the establishment of the CCA/UNDAF and the consequent joint implementation activities.
- Participate in the Cluster approach, ensure UNHCR¿s Cluster Lead role and implement other IASC and inter-agency/UN policies.
- Ensure that risks to the operation’s objectives are regularly assessed, priority risks are identified and risk treatments for the priority risks form an integral part of the operations plans.
- Ensure that staff and financial resources are commensurate with operational objectives.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of resources within the rules and procedures of UNHCR.
- Establish and manage local administrative mechanisms such as a Local Contracts (or Purchasing) Committee, Local Asset Management Board and APPC.
- Ensure local compliance with UNHCR¿s human resources (HR) policies including on gender, disabilities, diversity, ethics and HIV/AIDS.
- Manage a process of recruitment, assignment and reassignment of local staff for the country operation, in accordance UN/UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Where necessary, identify the most appropriate affiliate workforce and optimize its use.
- In coordination with the Global Learning Centre, ensure that the learning needs of UNHCR workforce in the country are identified, assessed and addressed.
- Exercise effective managerial oversight, direction, guidance and support and conduct regular performance appraisals and coaching.
- In close collaboration with the Designated Official (DO), UNDSS and UN country team/Security Management Team (SMT), gather and analyses information on the local security situation and play an active role in the inter-agency security and contingency planning processes.
- Ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to protect staff, and that the country operation complies with UN MOSS/MORSS staff security rules, guidelines and procedures.
- Represent UNHCR in the UNCT/Humanitarian Country Team and other inter-agency for a.
- Decide on the country strategy and priorities, country operations plans, and approve the country operation’s protection strategy.
- Enforce local compliance with UNHCR¿s global protection, programme, finance and human resources and security policies and standards.
- Negotiate and sign local agreements with implementing and operational partners.
- Authorize payments as per the organization’s Delegation of Authority Plan (DOAP) and in accordance with UN/UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Modify operational projects and reallocate funds, within the approved budgets and in respect of donor earmarking.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualification and Professional Work Experience
Education & Professional Work Experience:
- For D1 – 17 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 16 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 15 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree in Business Administration; International Relations; Law; Political Science; Social Science; or other relevant field. (Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential). (Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR))
Certificates and/or Licenses
- HCR Learning Prog; HCR Managing Operatns Lrng Prg; HCR Protection Learning Prg;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
- Extensive knowledge of UNHCR operations and services. Extensive knowledge of UNHCR operations and services. (Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR))
- A high level of skill in management of broad programmes, political decision making and negotiating, as well as demonstrated tolerance to frequently changing and highly charged situations.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, change processes, results-based management and reporting. (Latest Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Tanzania 2021)
- Ability to lead formulation, oversight of implementation, monitoring and evaluation of operations.
- Ability to manage for results: translates strategic aims into achievable plans, with established priorities, monitors them, making periodic adjustments as required. (Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR))
- Ability to effectively represent UNHCR at the senior level in internal and external meetings and to build strong relationships with clients.
- Desirable. (Latest Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Tanzania 2021)
- Knowledge of geo-political realities and their socio-cultural implications.
MG-Client Relationship Management . (Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR))
ER-External Relations in UNHCR or other humanitarian agencies
MG-Leadership . (Latest Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Tanzania 2021)
PG-Programme Management (project formulation, programme cycles and reporting standards)
UN-UN/UNHCR Interagency Policies, Standards, Programmes, Partnerships, Humanitarian Ops
UN-UN/UNHCR Mandate and Global Strategic Priorities
MG-Field Operations Management
MG-Political Decision Making
MG-Country/Regional Office Representation
EX-Experience in an international capacity
EX-Experience in international/governmental organizations
UN-Analysis of geo-political realities and their socio-cultural implications
MG-7 years managerial experience. (Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR))
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language. (Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Tanzania 2021)
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level.
The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. (Latest Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Tanzania 2021)
Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
C001L4 – Accountability Level 4
C002L4 – Teamwork & Collaboration Level 4
C003L4 – Communication Level 4
C004L4 – Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 4
C005L4 – Client & Result Orientation Level 4
C006L4 – Organizational Awareness Level 4
M001L4 – Empowering and Building Trust Level 4
M002L4 – Managing Performance Level 4
M006L4 – Managing Resources Level 4
M005L4 – Leadership Level 4
M003L4 – Judgement and Decision Making Level 4
M004L4 – Strategic Planning and Vision Level 4
X004L4 – Negotiation and Conflict Resolution Level 4
X001L4 – Analytical Thinking Level 4. (Latest Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Tanzania 2021)
X007L4 – Political Awareness Level 4
Method of Application
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. (Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR))
Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees). (Latest Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Tanzania 2021)
Please note that the closing date for vacancies advertised in the March 2021 Compendium is Thursday 15 April 2021 (midnight Geneva time).