Latest Jobs at Kenya National Commission on Human Rights(KNCHR) – Research Officers 2021, The Kenya National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR) is an independent National Human Rights Institution created under Article 59 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.Check also:Latest Jobs at Kenyatta National Hospital | Jobs in Kenya 2021
Latest Jobs at Kenya National Commission on Human Rights – Research Officers 2021
The Kenya National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR) established by the Government of Kenya through an Act of Parliament (the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights Act, 2011) and in accordance with the United Nations Principles relating to the Status of National Institutions (Paris Principles).
KNCHR’s mandate includes furthering the protection and promotion of human rights in Kenya, acting as a watchdog over the Government in the area of human rights, and the provision of Leadership in moving the country towards a human rights respecting state. (Jobs at Kenya National Commission on Human Rights(KNCHR) )
- University of Mpumalanga Online Application 2022
- UMP Status Check 2022
- Post Jobs Free 2021 & Read how to Post
- New Jobs at CIP | Driver Jobs in Kenya 2021
- New Form Five Selection 2021 | Waliochaguliwa Kidato cha Tano 2021
KNCHR fulfils its human rights mandate through five Directorates including: Complaints and Investigations, Research, Advocacy and Outreach, Legal Services, Regional Services and Corporate Services.
The Commission has offices in Nairobi, Wajir, Kitale, Mombasa, Kisumu and Nyahururu. (Jobs at Kenya National Commission on Human Rights(KNCHR) )
This position is responsible for supporting the Intersex Persons Implementation Coordination Committee (IPICC) in the coordination of prioritized strategies and plans for the implementation of the recommendations of the task force on policy, legal, institutional and administrative reforms regarding Intersex Persons in Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities – The Kenya National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR)
- Collect accurate and verifiable statistics on Intersex persons.
- Conduct legal research and gather information on Intersex persons. (Jobs at Kenya National Commission on Human Rights(KNCHR) )
- Monitor, study, decipher and develop written summaries of laws, rulings, policies, regulations in legal documents and other relevant publications that relate to intersex persons.
- Support in the coordination of reviewing of laws to ensure equal treatment, respect and protection of dignity within the criminal justice system in relation to Intersex persons.
- Support in facilitation of laws, regulations, processes and procedures that discriminate or require intrusive and unnecessary procedures so as to ensure equal participation of intersex persons in all spheres of life.
- Support in the facilitation of the recognition of intersex persons in the law.
- Support the coordination of the promotion of continuous and targeted awareness to the general public and all stakeholders.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the internal working group on matters relating to intersex persons. (Jobs at Kenya National Commission on Human Rights(KNCHR) )
- Support in the formulation specialized programmes to include intersex person’s care and protection in health facilities to facilitate their access to the highest attainable standard of health.
- Support in the review and introduction of professional development training curriculum for continuous training and sensitization to include intersex.
- Assist in the development and review of social protection mechanisms to ensure realization of social, economic and legal protections for intersex persons and safeguard against violations on the basis of their ‘I’ marker.
Minimum Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in law from a recognized university
- Advocate of the Kenya High Court. (Jobs at Kenya National Commission on Human Rights(KNCHR) )
- Three years’ experience in a similar role in a comparable institution.
- Experience in working on projects focusing on minority groups will be an added advantage.
- Analytical thinker with strong theoretical and research proficiencies.
- Proficient in legal research sites and ability to comprehend and interpret legal documents.
- Solid organizational skills and detail oriented. (Jobs at Kenya National Commission on Human Rights(KNCHR) )
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY – Online Application
How to Apply:
For more information and job application details, see
If you possess the above qualifications, please submit a clear application letter, a complete and updated Curriculum Vitae that includes your valid contacts and a copy of national ID electronically through [email protected] by 5th April 2021 indicating the correct title and reference number as the subject of the email to:
The Commission Secretary,
Kenya National Commission on Human Rights,
P. O. Box 74359 – 00200