Latest Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021, Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. Check also:30+ Latest Jobs at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI)
Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011, THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG). (Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021)
Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health (MoH) in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health and community systems for comprehensive quality health services including HIV/AIDS; Tuberculosis; prevention of GBV.
- Latest Jobs at Kenyatta National Hospital | Jobs in Kenya 2021
- Latest Form Five Second Selection 2020/2021
- New Form Five Selection 2021 | Waliochaguliwa Kidato cha Tano 2021
- Form Six Results 2021 | Necta Result Form Six 2021
- 30+ New Jobs at University Of Dodoma (UDOM)
Reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child, and adolescent health (RMNHCAH) services; laboratory systems and services and health management information systems (HIMS).
THPS is currently seeking highly experienced, committed and motivated Tanzanians to fill the following vacant positions for the PEPFAR/CDC AFYA KWANZA HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Program: (Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021)
POSITION TITLE: Data Manager
REPORTS TO: Regional Manager Pwani & M&E Manager
LOCATION: Pwani Regional Office (with frequent field travel)
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION:
To provide technical support in implementing high-standard paper-based and computer-based health facility record keeping systems for patient record management of CTC / HTS/APSS/PMTCT, Cervical Cancer Screening, Nutrition and Gender based Violence programs in support of the Ministry of Health’s National AIDS Control Programme. (Latest Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021)
To provide technical support in data management for public health evaluations as needed.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead in maintaining and updating regional databases for care and treatment, TB/HIV, HCT, and other databases as assigned
- Assist to provide technical assistance to regional supported facilities within Pwani region in collaboration with R/CHMT members.
- Build capacity of R/CHMT in data management and data use for program improvement Implementation and evaluation of monitoring tools and data management. (Latest Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021)
- Ensure that DQA is carried out quarterly according to DQA SOP’s and that recommendations following the site DQA visit are implemented
- Ensure Pwani Region compliance to policies for data quality assurance and reporting requirements
- Train and supervise Data officers in the councils and in the supported CHMTs to ensure timely data entry, cleaning on a routine basis, generation of data queries and routine progress reports
- Collaborate with other team members to prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports on supported program areas
- Develop and respond to queries related to data analysis. (Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021)
- To perform other duties as assigned
APPLICANT REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or certified training in Computer Science, IT/HMIS, data management or a related discipline.
- Advanced skills in Database programming, and analytical software an advantage
- A background in nursing, health science or a related discipline are an advantage
- 3+ years relevant experience years’ experience with MS Access application development and use, data analyses with standard software packages and implementing protocols for data quality assurance.
- Strong supervisory and management skills
- Ability to work independent.
- Fluent in English & Kiswahili
- Experience working with NGO’s and/or donor-funded programs
TITLE: Transport Lead
REPORTS TO: Finance and Administration Manager
LOCATION: Dar es salaam
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION:
Under the leadership of Finance and Administration Manager, the incumbent will be responsible to oversee the transportation Department ensuring THPS Vehicles and staff are operating smoothly and effectively.
- Coordinate, administer and monitor the maintenance, repair, replacement and logistics of the Organization Vehicles.
- Ensure preventive maintenance programs are carried out as per schedule and monitor past repair performance. (Latest Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021)
- Supervise and if necessary, undertake timely repair and servicing of damaged vehicles in order to minimize downtime.
- Manage the inventory of spares parts for vehicles, in coordination with the Supply Chain Manager in order to ensure an adequate supply of spares.
- Conduct analysis of vehicle status and make recommendations for timely replacement, including type of vehicles, spares etc in order to improve cost efficiency. (Latest Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021)
- Control transfer and movement of vehicles between project sites locations as required by Departments.
- Provide recommendations for lowering vehicle – operating expenses and reduce idle time of vehicles.
- Ensure all vehicles operation policies and systems are up to date and enforced within field operations.
- Regularly review and update vehicle fleet related policies at least once a year.
- Communicate regularly with project staff and teams to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
- Analyse maintenance costs and provide recommendation on fleet utilization and replacement.
- Ensure the maintenance records for all fleet and equipment’s are accurate and up to date In collaboration with Procurement and Logistics Manager, supervise the purchase of project vehicles, spare parts as well as tires.
- Supervise drivers, assign them work and appraise their performance.
- Manages transport department day to day operations, assesses risk and safety issues to ensure safe and efficient repairs to fleet and equipment’s. (Latest Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021)
- Collaborates with Human Resources Department for effective recruitment and orientation of Transport department employees.
- Assist in appraisal and selection of Transport service providers and make recommendations
- Maintain and enhance a positive culture and work environment for Transport department employees.
- Drive projects vehicles whenever needed.
- Perform any other duties as assigned. (Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021)
- A Bachelor Degree in Logistics &Transport Management/ Transportation Engineering or Administration from a recognized University with 3 years’ experience in Fleet Management, mechanical Maintenance, preventive maintenance,
- A minimum of 7 years of experience of which two (2) years’ experience in a senior/supervisory level for candidates with Diploma/ Certificates in above mentioned subjects. (Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021)
- Holder of a class c driving license with clean records Tthorough knowledge of principles, practices, tools, equipment and materials for vehicle and equipment maintenance and fleet management.
- Ability to research and understand safety and risk management issues, and identify appropriate methods to address them.
- Highest level of maturity, professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality Ability to work in an environment of pressing deadlines. (Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021)
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to works.
- Flexible to work after normal working hours and weekends at various community locations
- Ability to interact well with all targeted groups and peer volunteers by facilitating a nonjudgmental, non discriminatory, and non-stigmatizing environment in the program, to welcome all beneficiaries regardless of their background.
POSITION TITLE: Strategic Information Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
LOCATION: HQ- Dar es Salaam
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION
The Director for Strategic Information (SI) is part of THPS leadership team, responsible for leading the THPS program in the planning and implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activities. (Latest Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021)
S/He leads the Strategic Information and Research Department and save as the THPS focal person for all MEL related issues with MOHCDGEC, PORALG, donors, RHMT and CHMT and other stakeholders as requested by the THPS Executive Director.
As the project’s SI technical lead s/he will ensure quality data for all THPS supported projects and timely reporting to GOT, PEPFAR, and other donors. S/He will facilitate a learning environment in ensuring THPS teams and HCWs have skills in data management, and using program data for continuous quality improvement (CQI). (Latest Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021)
S/He is responsible for providing leadership in all SI issues along the HIV clinical cascade among all ages, gender, and risk groups for facility and community based i.e. HTS, treatment, adherence, viral monitoring, CQI, services delivery models (SDM), cervical cancer screening, gender-based violence, voluntary medical male circumcision, laboratory and supply chain management and ensure that they are integrated into routine monitoring of program.
The SID will oversee the design and implementation of effective and efficient data collection systems, quality improvement and data analysis, including information dissemination to relevant stakeholders and capacity building for strategic information use at all health system levels. (Latest Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021)
The role involves ensuring program knowledge and technical evidence is effectively generated, packaged and disseminated for program learning and information, decision making and policy improvement/adaptation.
Program knowledge includes all information generated through routine program implementation, analysis of routine/existing qualitative and quantitative program data and through targeted data-driven rapid assessments. The position involves at least 50% field travel.
- Provide M&E leadership in the development and implementation of strategies, interventions and activities that address the needs PLHIV along the clinical cascade among general, key population, adolescent girls and young women, young adults, older men, pregnant and lactating women and TB/HIV co infected patients. (Latest Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021)
- S/He is in charge of data collection and reporting, Data quality Assurance (DQA) and timely quarterly reporting of Program data to DATIM including the APR and SAPR; other reports and papers summarizing project results and evidence, including presentation to be presented by the THPS in the biannual Advisory meetings and other forums
- Provide oversight on all routine comprehensive HIV and TB monitoring activities, working with M&E lead persons between IPs and HMIS unit of the MOHCDGEC.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of a functioning monitoring, evaluation and reporting system are available at all districts and HF and are used and updated as needed according to the Ministry of Health and PEPFAR indicators. (Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021)
- Lead for priority setting of SI team and overall work plan including developing innovative strategies to strengthen data collection, monitoring, evaluation, analysis and reporting for various THPS supported programs
- Serve as resource to MOHCDGEC in health information systems (HIS) and evaluation of ongoing HIV/AIDS programs including subsequent development of new and expanded HIS systems
- Providing overall leadership of strategic information and improved data demand and use including analysis of the THPS-wide contribution to and impact on the national HIV response. (Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021)
- S/He is responsible for coordination and preparations of quarterly project data reviews and data quality management, PMM and SIMS for all SNU’s.
- Identify capacity building needs of the SI team in collaboration with the leadership
- Represent THPS in MOHCDGEC M&E technical working groups, meetings and conferences
- Providing leadership in developing Client Monitoring Information System (CMIS) and other technology based innovations for effective programme monitoring. (Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021)
- Review and approve Strategic Information Unit budgets
- Supervise generation of data feedback and critical review of data
- Lead on target setting and participate in development of Country Operational Plans (COP); responding to proposal development
- Identify capacity building needs of the SI team in collaboration with the leadership Perform any other duties as requested. (Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021)
- Master’s Degree in public health, demography, sociology, epidemiology, biostatistics, or a related field
- At least five years of experience in monitoring, evaluation, and research related to public health programs
- At least three years of experience as senior leader of M&E systems for health initiatives. (Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021)
- Demonstrated experience in target setting and reporting against health programs.
- Excellent knowledge of data collection protocols for quality data collection and verification. (Latest Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021)
- Exceptional ability to analyze multiple sources of data to identify data trends and provide recommendations on program performance and improvement. (Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021)
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with behavioral surveillance surveys, research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative research methods, data analysis, sampling methods, and establishment of M&E systems
- Demonstrated experience in managing and supervising a team
- Exceptional English written and oral communication skills; fluency in Swahili also required At least five years of experience working senior position related to M&E in Tanzania. (Jobs at Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) 2021)
HOW TO APPLY – Online Application
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send an email, email@example.com attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by April 10th 2021 with a subject line Data Manager Pwani Region. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply. The deadline for submitting the application is 10 April 2021