Latest Job Opportunity at BRAC International 2022
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organization, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realize their potential. Ajira brac 2022
BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organization of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity.
As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organization committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is part of a leading development organization that started its operations in 2006 in Tanzania, focusing on thematic areas of Agriculture, Youth and Women Empowerment, Food Security and Livelihood
In 2022, the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create a positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
Job Title: KNOWLEDGE AND GRANTS COORDINATOR (AD# MCFBMT-2202)
The Microfinance Knowledge and Grants Coordinator will support functional teams (product, digital, social performance etc.) in implementing integrated projects, coordinate microfinance activities with the NGO team, lead grant management activities from microfinance side and support knowledge management for operational learning.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Ajira Brac 2022
Coordination with NGO
This position will work closely with the Microfinance operations team and the product/business development, digital, social performance to support proper implementation of all projects that have an integrated component with other NGO activities
Organize and attend periodic coordination meetings with the NGO counterparts. Make sure the meetings are informative and action-oriented – set agendas, ensure participation, prepare with the required information, take notes and follow-up on action items.
Train and guide field level staff on understanding the integrated nature of programme delivery and bring structure to coordination between different programmes at the branch level. Visit and monitor field activities and ensure structured coordination between staff and stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
Work with the NGO counterpart to support field staff in resolving coordination issues as they arise.
- Work closely with Product, Social performance and Digital teams to generate and document insights and lessons from pilot implementations to help guide improvements to products/channels/processes.
- Make sure learnings from operational challenges and opportunities are shared with the management on a timely basis and that they are used effectively to help with change management.
- Work closely with the BIHBV team in the creation of quality knowledge products, such as case studies, papers, blogs and articles, and create reports on knowledge management for engagement of internal and external stakeholders
- Act as the first point of contact for knowledge management for the microfinance entity. Actively encourage knowledge-sharing and learning behaviors among staff, be a reference point to troubleshoot any issues with the knowledge hub, and be able to direct staff to where resources are stored and how to access them. Continuously reference, promote, and encourage the use of the knowledge hub, whenever and wherever possible. Ajira brac 2022
- Act as the primary content manager for the country-specific knowledge hubs by updating, maintaining, validating, and performing quality checks of hub content. Ensure that the relevant country experts are conducting timely reviews and quality checks of resources in the hub.
- Orient staff at the country head office and country regional office levels (i.e. regional managers, regional accountants, etc.) on how to effectively use (i.e. make the most out of) the knowledge hub. Conduct regular refresher orientations for those who have already been oriented, as well as for any new employee
- Conduct annual learning organization surveys to track the entity’s progress towards becoming a learning organization. Work with the Knowledge and Partnerships Manager, BRAC International Holdings B.V. to devise strategies for driving the culture shift around knowledge management among staff and for improving the knowledge hub based on challenges observed by the champions and challenges highlighted in the learning organisation surveys. Drive the implementation of these strategies at the country level
- Attend bi-weekly check-in calls with the Knowledge and Partnership Manager, BRAC International Holdings B.V. and quarterly knowledge management peer group meetings with knowledge champions from other countries to share updates, challenges, key learnings, and suggestions for improvement of knowledge management strategies
Grant Management and reporting
Represent microfinance in periodic grant management meetings
Coordinate with all relevant teams across NGO and Microfinance (Finance, operations, monitoring, IT/MIS etc.) to draft regular financial and narrative reports.
Ensure grants reporting follows the set process in a timely manner
Ensure timely submission of high-quality reports
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation**
- Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do the same
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or Development Studies
- At least 5-year(s) experience in the development sector, preferably in microfinance
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Know-how to validate, record and store knowledge in a useable, structured, digital format
- Tech-savvy with strong ability to learn and use new technologies. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint etc.) required, and proficiencies in knowledge management databases and/or professional services applications preferred
- Ability to interpret financial data and prepare budgets and financial grant reports
- Strong problem-solving skills, highly organized, strategic thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration and demonstrated ability to build relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Diplomatic and highly effective on an interpersonal level in addition to cross-cultural sensitivity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to distil complex information into concise and pragmatic messages.
- Able to communicate effectively and tailor communication for a wide variety of audiences
- Drive, flexibility, resilience, and the ability to work under pressure
- Proactive problem-solver with strong analytical skills
- Task-oriented and strives to continuously improve. Ajira brac 2022
- Fluency in English required (spoken, reading, and written)
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of BRAC.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Brac Tanzania Careers
Familiarity and experience with microfinance preferred
How to apply
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at [email protected]
Please mention the name of the position and AD# MCFBMT-2202 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 13th April 2022