New Jobs at MUHAS 2022
New Jobs at MUHAS 2022 Job Title : Educational Coordinator
Time Effort: 6 calendar months or 50% FTE
Duration: April 2022-April 2024
Reports to: Principal Investigator
Location: MIDI Offices, 3rd Floor, CHPE Building. MUHAS
Our Dartmouth-Boston University-Muhimbili (DBM) Fogarty HIV training program is building upon our prior Fogarty-supported capacity building activities and train research faculty to conduct HIV and HIV/TB epidemiologic research and clinical trials at the planned for established Infectious Disease Institute (IDI) at Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS).
You may also apply:
- Job Vacancies at Kibondo District Council 2022
- Cleaner at International Organization for Migration 2022
- 40 Employment Opportunities at Mawenzi Hospital Moshi 2022
- Call For Work at Magereza 2022
- Job Opportunities at BRAC Tanzania Limited 2022
We are establishing a collaborative mentoring program to ensure junior faculty are supported and successful in performing research and in obtaining independent funding as part of the MUHAS IDI’s (MIDI’s) research training program while also expanding MUHAS’ portfolio of funded HIV and HIV/TB research.
This training program seeks to provide the expertise to establish IDI as the premiere self-ˇsustaining research and training institute for HIV and TB in East Africa.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Educational Coordinator based at MUHAS will work with the MIDI leadership team to support the goals of the MIDI Fogarty training grant. Specific duties will include:
- Assist with the development of a mentoring program for MUHAS faculty mentors including needs assessments, curriculum development, organizing sessions and any follow up.
- Provide in-person support for MIDI trainees in completing their applications to advanced degree and other training programs
- Identify and support applications to and participation by MIDI researchers in short-term training outside of Tanzania.
- With the MIDI Program Manager at MUHAS, assist with management and proper utilization of the MIDI office space
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Masters Degree in public health and/or education and
- At least 5 years’ experience in an academic institution.
- Prior teaching and/or advising experience a plus.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Qualified and interested applicants are required to send electronic application letters and current CVs describing their experience, qualification and three reference contacts by email. Emails should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 30/01/2022, 5pm
Applicants should indicate in the email subject Educational Coordinator Position.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED