New Jobs at Islamic Relief Kenya 2021, Islamic Relief is a Leading International NGO Fighting Poverty, Illiteracy & Disease. Working in 40 countries. Millions helped annually. Faith based values. Established in 1984 in UK. Check Also : Data Entry Online Jobs in Kenya 2021
New Jobs at Islamic Relief Kenya 2021
Islamic Relief was established in Birmingham, UK, in 1984. We employ more than 2,000 staff across 40 offices around the world and we have no greater priority than ensuring that our work has the greatest positive impact on the people we serve. And, in doing so, we put our faith into action to bring about real social change. (Jobs at Islamic Relief Kenya)
Our projects work to help vulnerable communities meet the big challenges in their lives. We do this by taking an integrated approach to development; looking at the wider context and causes of their needs and promoting sustainable, environment-friendly outcomes. (Jobs at Islamic Relief Kenya)
We are also determined to empower marginalized people with a strong voice that argues powerfully for the change they need to transform their lives.(Jobs at Islamic Relief Kenya)
- New Jobs in Kenya 2021 | Jobs at Mpesa Africa
- Data Entry Online Jobs in Kenya 2021
- Online Jobs in Kenya for Form Four Leavers 2021
- Online Jobs in Kenya 2021 That Pay Through M-Pesa
- New Jobs at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) 2021
Right across the Islamic Relief global family, our 2017-2021 Strategy focuses our resources, planning and programming on achieving these important aims.(Jobs at Islamic Relief Kenya)
In doing so, we work in partnership with those that share our vision of a world in which empowered and socially responsible communities respond as one to the suffering of others. Islamic Relief is a member of the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC); we have Consultative Status with the UN Economic and Social Council; and we are a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. (Jobs at Islamic Relief Kenya)
If you like what you have read so far and if you are committed to serving the millions trapped in poverty and suffering, then please apply for any appropriate vacancy below. We look forward to hearing from you. (Jobs at Islamic Relief Kenya)
POST: FINANCE ASSISTANT
EMPLOYER Islamic Relief Kenya
To assist in finance related tasks in line with agreed and accepted IR financial practices and procedures.
To maintain the petty cash, Bank, prepare vouchers, record transactions and petty cash reconciliation, get approval and maintain filing.
KEY ROLES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of and vouching of transaction supporting documentations as required by Islamic Relief procedures.
- Writing of cheques
- Issuing cheques to suppliers.
- Ensure all transactions are adequately supported prior to payment. (Jobs at Islamic Relief Kenya)
- Ensure that all vouchers are well approved
- Reconciling Banks for Garissa Office and also keep updated record for the bank account.
- Recording of petty cash transactions and cash book maintenance. Ensure reconciliation of the petty cash balance daily and to get it approved by the finance officer.
- Preparation of monthly field reports and submits to the finance manager.
- Preparation of monthly funds request and submit to the Country office. (Jobs at Islamic Relief Kenya)
- Maintenance of the financial filing, and ensuring that copies are maintained at the end of each project and ensuring adequate archiving.
- Perform any other duties as requested by his/her line manager subject to comply and not conflict with the above.
- Ensure that all necessary documents are appropriately filled. (Jobs at Islamic Relief Kenya)
- Bachelor in Business management (finance option) or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in Finance Management in NGO set-up
- Effective IT Skills (Word & Excel).
- Communication, tact and negotiation skills.
- Problem solving. (Jobs at Islamic Relief Kenya)
- Flexible and patient.
- Fluent in Written and spoken English.
- Ability to cope with stress, and live in environment with very basic living condition
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Flexibility to respond to changing nature of humanitarian context and operational difficulties
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity. (Jobs at Islamic Relief Kenya)
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented (pro-active)
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of IR Kenya
HOW TO APPLY
How to Apply:
Please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications, experience, names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts. (Jobs at Islamic Relief Kenya) The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the position title on the subject line. Send your application to
Please note that this is an urgent recruitment, shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.