Are you searching for Sightsavers Job Vacancy, June 2023, Nafasi za kazi Sightsavers, sightsavers recruitment portal, sightsavers salary scale, sightsavers jobs.
Sightsavers works in more than 30 countries to prevent avoidable blindness and fight for the rights of people with disabilities. We treat eye conditions such as cataracts and tackle debilitating diseases, many of which cause sight loss.
Read also: Taifa Gas Tanzania Job Vacancies, June 2023
Job title: Project Driver
Salary: Local terms and conditions apply
Location: Chalinze District Council, Pwani region, Tanzania
Contract: 6 month Fixed Term Contract, with a view to extending dependant on funding
Hours: Full time 35 hours per week
About the role
We are looking for a Project Driver to provide reliable and safe driving services for our staff, partners, and goods. The Project Driver will assist with transport logistics, and will be responsible for maintaining vehicles in a cost effective manner.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please your CV via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
We anticipate that interviews will take place during the week of 10 July and the evaluation process will include a Driving Test and Oral interview, to be completed on separate days.
- Provide transportation for programme staff, related partners, and project visitors.
- Follow up the driver planning, and scheduling using project Calendar and register transportation requests.
- Deliver/distribute project goods to the respective districts.
- Schedule periodical vehicle examination for service.
- Determine when and what kind of maintenance the vehicle needs, and keep track of general maintenance schedules, especially car tyre condition.
- Ensure sound running of the vehicles assigned and arrange minor repairs where necessary – Check oil and tyres properly and keep the service vehicles in clean condition, both inside and outside.
- Keep track of timely car insurance renewals.
Skills and Experience | Sightsavers Job Vacancy
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- A full valid Driving licence with a clean record
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Working experience of vehicle maintenance
- The ability to work at night, weekends and on holidays when required
- Knowledge of government partners, including the Ministry of Health and local government authorities
This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
Candidates are welcome to demonstrate their ability to match the person specification by expanding on how their experience, training and/or qualifications might have provided them with the knowledge or skills required for the role. Successful candidates will be appointed on merit.
Sightsavers offers a reward package based on local pay, local contracts and local benefits and will not normally offer international contracts. Sightsavers is committed to investing in the training and development of its employees and offers a supportive work environment.