Are you searching for ALAF Job Vacancies, May 2023, Alaf job vacancies in tanzania, alaf tanzania careers, alaf tanzania price list, bati alaf, ajira portal.
The company was established in October 1960 with an initial objective of developing the ‘Aluminium and Steel Industrial Complex’ in Tanzania. Since then, ALAF (formerly called Aluminium Africa Limited) has established itself as a leading producer of steel roofing and related products in the country.
Read also: UDOM Job Vacancies 2023
POSITION: INTERNAL AUDITOR (DAR ES SALAAM)
• Ethics and professional conduct; to ensure that rules of professional conduct and practices are being followed with full integrity as required by audit profession.
• Accountable for reviewing the accounts prepared under SAP 4HANA and checking the adequacy of internal control in SAP accounts and comment on deviations, if any
• Prepare audit scope and procedures and execute the scope after being approved by Internal Audit Manager.
• Identifying key areas of risk within the organization and proposing appropriate controls to mitigate the risks
• To perform periodic internal audits as assigned by Internal Audit Manager/Group Internal Auditor
• To carry out all the stock-taking procedures (Physical stock-taking) as outlined by Internal Audit, to observe the reliability of stock-taking by the company, and identifying problems and possible errors in the process
• Identifying and discussing the observations arising during the audit of transactions with the concerned staff to get their feedback.
• Drafting the unresolved audit observations related to particular transactions and forwarding to the department head for further evaluation.
• Ensure that all the information relating to the organization is in safe hands and physical access controls are in place for audit working papers and confidential information with the Internal Audit department.
• To maintain the audit working papers and keep track and follow up wherever necessary.
• Any other work that may be assigned by Internal Audit Manager or management special engagements.
• Conduct ad-hoc investigations and reviews as requested by ALAF Senior Management
• Assisting the development of an internal control culture, including training to staff Responsibility for Physical Assets
• Making sure that Company Office Assets in the Department are optimally used.
Requirements : ALAF Job Vacancies
• Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity.
• University level (Advanced Diploma in Accountancy, ADA} Ideal PGDA (TZ) and must be a CPA
• General work experience (years): 4 years
• Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): 3 years
• Industry: Manufacturing
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work effectively across teams
• Excellent personal organizational skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, and make conclusions and recommendations. Shows pride in work and in achievements.
• General computer skills and ability to Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), SAP/ERP Software Application experience, etc.
POSITION: TAX ACCOUNTANT (DAR ES SALAAM)
• File all the required tax returns i.e., VAT, Corporate tax, Withholding tax, SDL stamp duty and PAYE
• Ensure compliance with Tax laws and regulations in Company’s financial dealings
• Assist to co-ordinate tax audit, transfer price audit and any other audit by the Revenue authorities
• Perform account reconciliation between books and statutory returns every month
• Ensure necessary documents are properly maintained and available for verification by Tax authorities
• Ensure EFD reports are always reconciled with the Account books
• Ensure monthly reconciliation of Company’s imports with TANSAD records
• Assists to co-ordinate with Company’s Tax consultants for regular Tax health check-ups and ensure the observations are resolved in time
• Attend and monitor all issues and communications related to e-filing system
• Any other work that may be assigned by the management
Professional competencies | Alaf tanzania careers
• Bachelor in Accounting/Finance/Laws/Economics
• Qualifications as an added advantage: CPA/ACCA
• Professional registration: Registered with NBAA
• General work experience (years): 3 Years
• Industry: Manufacturing, Auditing, Tax consulting and any other Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to work in a team.
• Good leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to properly interpret, apply and make decisions in accordance with the relevant policies.
• High integrity and judgment.
• An ability to generate trust and build alliances with co-workers.
• Ability to work well with the existing management team.
• Adept in developing and maintaining relationships with all stakeholders
• Fluent in written and spoken English, understanding of Swahili will be an added advantage.
POSITION: INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER (DAR ES SALAAM)
a) Work together with the group internal auditor in the development of the annual audit plan and annual KPI’s
b) Prepare the scope of audits with timelines
c) Develop in consultation with the group internal auditor appropriate audit tests and programs and update the audit manual
d) Plan and complete specific audit assignments as delegated
e) To identify risks involved in each process and highlight them
f) Prepare audit reports containing all significant findings and recommendations
g) Periodically review the adequacy of company policies and operational procedures
h) Review the integrity and effectiveness of internal controls with recommendations for improvement.
i) Perform follow-up audits done by the team to review the status of agreed recommendations
j) Conduct investigations when requested and prepare reports in consultation with the group internal auditor
SUPERVISORY – (provide leadership to assigned auditors)
a) Manage the team allocated
b) Oversee the audit process and review the work of the assigned team on a day-to-day basis
c) Review reports and suggest changes W.R.T the scope of audit agreed
d) Conduct mid-year and end-year KPI assessments for the team
a) Report to the group internal auditor on a day-to-day basis
b) Prepare monthly/quarterly reports as assigned for gac reports and investigations if any
a) Development of an effective working relationship with auditees.
b) Train and coach new staff as needed and other internal audit staff members.
c) Performs miscellaneous job-related duties, special assignments, and investigations as assigned in consultation with GIA
Requirements | alaf tanzania careers
1. Qualifications required:
i. Minimum academic qualification: • Degree in Business Admin or Accounting Preferred • Certified Public Accountant (CPA), ACCA, or CA (Chartered Accountant)
ii. Qualifications as an added advantage: Certification in advanced Excel and ACL
iii. Professional registration: Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants
2. Experience required:
i. General work experience (years): Minimum 7-10 years of working experience in Finance and Audit
ii. Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): 5 years in Internal Audit preferred.
iii. Industry: Experience in the Manufacturing industry is a must
3. Key competencies and skills:
a. Solid knowledge of accounting principles, auditing standards, and internal controls
b. Knowledge of and experience with reviewing processes and controls, performing testing, extracting data, and identifying apparent anomalies
c. Senior leadership experience in strategic risk management
d. Track record of successfully training developing/mentoring, and supervising audit staff
e. Strong interpersonal skills, and proven team-player
f. Excellent written and oral communication skills
g. Proven ability to manage competing priorities
h. Able to work in a cross-cultural environment