Driving Job Vacancies at CSSC
Driving Job Vacancies at CSSC. The Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) is an ecumenical body established in 1992 by the Christian Council of Tanzania and the Tanzania Episcopal Conference, to coordinate and facilitate the delivery of social services (health and education) by the member churches in Tanzania. Apply Now Teaching Vacancies at Andigo Tanzania
For 28 years, CSSC has been serving and coordinate a network of more than 900 church-owned health education facilities, including 105 large hospitals at Zonal, Regional and District/Council levels. In addition, CSSC coordinates a network of more than 1,000 church owned education facilities.
- Job Vacancy at UNESCO Dar es Salaam
- Job Vacancies at Precision Air Tanzania 2020
- Driving Job Vacancies at CSSC
- Job Vacancies at Kariakoo Mall
Majority of these church health and education facilities are located in remote and rural areas where 70% of the Tanzanian population reside in those areas.
CSSC has been provisionally selected to be a Sub Recipient (SR) of the HIV/TB grant to be implemented by Amref Health Africa as a Principle Recipient (PR2) from January 2021 to December 2023. Depending on availability of funds, CSSC will implement Tuberculosis care and prevention interventions in Tanga, Ruvuma, Mara and Mbeya Regions.
Priority populations in this module will include but not limited to all Key and Vulnerable populations (PLHIV, elderly, children, DM, Cancer patients, miners, mobile populations, prisoners, slum dwellers, out and inpatients at HFs).
Key intervention areas will include; engaging all care providers (TB care and prevention); Community TB care delivery; Key populations (TB care and prevention), children, miners and mining communities; Stigma and discrimination reduction (TB); Pluman rights; medical ethics and legal literacy.
In view of the above, CSSC is hereby seeking applications from highly qualified, well experienced, competent and motivated persons to fill-in the following vacant positions.
Title: Drivers- 4 Posts
Report to: Administrative Assistant
Location: Mara, Mbeya, Ruvuma, Tanga
This position is responsible for carrying out duties as a driver, effectively and efficiently, observing all current CSSC vehicle policy and procedures. The driver will also be responsible for ensuring safety of the passengers, vehicle and the tools assigned to him/her and devising ways and maintaining high fuel efficiency and low maintenance costs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out preventive maintenance checks of assigned vehicle(s) as per CSSC’s prescribed checklist.
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle(s) is road-ready and has sufficient fuel and levels of oil for daily use.
- Carry out all driving tasks as needed by the office and as assigned by the supervisor and as per vehicle request approved form.
- Observe the specified speed limits at all times
- Bring to the immediate attention of the supervisor any and all minor/major defects that have happened or been notice during the day or accidents that have happened that day. Present to the supervisor in writing the details of any accident by checking and filling vehicle report form in every Monday of each week.
- Record daily trips, fuel consumption, mileage, and timings in the “log book” provided for the assigned vehicle.
- Record all servicing and repairs both KM for service, next service and total cost of that service received in the log book provided for the assigned vehicle.
- Under any circumstance when the drivers are out of the office either after working hours or within the working hours the driver is supposed to place the car keys to the supervisor.
- Ensure the safe parking; whenever possible when the vehicle is on duty, vehicle is on the way at night, during breakdowns and when it is not in use.
- In collaboration with the Assistant Administrative Officer carry out the monthly check-ups.
- Drive staff on short and long trips as per daily Project requests.
- Maintain and adhere to road traffic policies and procedures as per Tanzania Government laws.
- Immediately notify his/her superior as well as the local authorities in case of any accident in which he/she is involved.
- At all times, implement established safety and security measures/ procedures.
- Assure the confidentiality of dispatches delivered or received and that all such dispatches are recorded correctly
- Carry out work responsibilities in such a way so as to promote the image and work of CSSC
- Ensure all necessary vehicle documents (e.g. insurance, registration documents, etc.) are present in the vehicle and up to date.
- Keep track of the scheduled service time of the vehicle, in order to make sure that servicing is performed in time.
- Accurately fill in the vehicle log book with details of each journey
- Take care of vehicles tools and cleanliness.
- Ensure that assigned vehicle is completely equipped with a First Aid Kit, spare tire, working flashlight and batteries, vehicle jack, wheel brace and a tool kit (spanner, wrench, tyre, removers, patch kit, etc). Collect and deliver mail, documents, and other items;
- Optimize use of the vehicle; assist in the registration of new vehicles, renewal of insurance, road licenses, etc
- Ensure that all passengers use seat belts and secure any loose load.
- Undertake any other duty as will be assigned by the supervisor
- Secondary School Education Certificate
- Class C Driving License
- Certificate from National Institute of Transport or any other recognized Institute of driving and Motor Vehicle Maintenance.
- Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a driver in the NGO/FBO, Government sectors et.
- Mechanic skills. Apply also Excutive Village Officers Job Vacancies at Bukoba
- Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality
- Good command of English language
- High levels of creativity
- Sense of/awareness to security
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are to submit their motivation letter and copy of the latest CV in one document indicating their preferred work station. The subject line of your job application email should indicate the position that you are applying for; your CV must include the contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees.
All correspondence MUST reach CSSC before 1600hrs December 7th 2020 and channeled through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful. APPLY ALSO Sweden Government Fully Funded International Scholarships 2021
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply