Are you searching for Equipment Operator Jobs at Geita Gold Mining 2024, nafasi za kazi Equipment Operator, Equipment Operator job vacancies at GGML?
Equipment Operator Jobs at Geita Gold Mining 2024
Equipment Operator Jobs at Geita Gold Mining 2024: The Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) seeks Talented Candidates to work for their institution as an Equipment Operator.
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in the Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents.
The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 km west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic, and performance-driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Operator 1 – Equipment
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Process Plant.
Reporting to: Supervisor – Mechanical Milling Section
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- The purpose of this role is to run the gold room circuit per GGM safe operating procedures and is expected to achieve the company targets set by the senior supervisor.
- The operator is required to carry out inspections on the tools and equipment usage and report hazards and unsafe conditions to the Senior Supervisor.
- The operator is also required to assist in the cleaning & calcination of Cathodes. Smelting, Boxing and Bullion Shipment and maintaining high standard of housekeeping to minimize risks.
A minimum certificate of Secondary School Education (CSEE) or Possession of a Certificate or Diploma in mineral processing will be an added advantage. GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
At least 1 year of experience in a mineral processing plant, preferably in gold production. Previous gold processing plant operational experience (crushing, milling, CIL and Elution) will be an added advantage. Exposure to gold mining industry
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of GGM and ensures that the vital behaviors are always adhered to.
- Work safely in all areas, identify potential safety hazards, and work with management to correct hazards.
- Attending compulsory safety courses and meetings and adhering to all safety standards.
- To ensure accuracy in equipment operation, including electro winning cells, filters, smelting furnace and calcine ovens.
- Participating in both crucible/smelting pot inspection and change out.
- Charging wet concentrate into and removing dry concentrate from calcine ovens before and after drying.
- Take part in both bullion boxing and gold shipment processes with high efficiency of performance.
- Ensure calibration of weighing balances and services are performed with high priority as per schedule.
- Ensure all gold room reagents and other consumables are arranged and stored properly with their respective labels as required.
- Preparing fluxes in a good ratio as instructed by gold room supervisor.
- Assisting in the development of competencies of other employees whenever directed.
- Immediately report equipment faults to prevent further deterioration.
- Safely isolate processing equipment for planned or unplanned shutdowns.
- To take part in the gold shipment process whenever required to do so.
- Clean criminal record or any other security incidents.
- Ability to maintain and keep confidential all gold room information, including schedules activities, equipment layout, building layout, gold information, and passwords.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks at a consistently high standard.
Equipment Operator job vacancies at GGML MODE OF APPLICATION:
On the portal, you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e-mail and telephone contacts, and names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover/application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Operator 1 – Equipment.”
If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews. Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: nafasi za kazi Equipment Operator
Applications should reach the above on or before 31st January 2024 at 5:30 PM. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Nafasi za kazi shoppers supermarket Arusha | Supermarket jobs in Arusha 2024
- Nafasi za kujiunga na jeshi la magereza 2024 Tanzania
- Freelancer Sales Executive Jobs at Automotive Treatment 2024
- Managing Director Jobs at Arusha International Conference Centre 2024
- New Jobs at Tanzania Institute of Accountancy (TIA) 2024
- Tutorial Assistant Jobs at MUST 2024