Welcome, This page help you to check ICT Officer at Kenya Pipeline Company 2021. Check also:Jobs at Vikram Logistics Tanzania Limited 2021
ICT Officer at Kenya Pipeline Company 2021
The Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) Limited is a State Corporation established on 6th September, 1973 under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya and started commercial operations in 1978. (ICT Officer at Kenya Pipeline Company 2021)
The Company is 100% owned by the Government and complies with the provisions of the State Corporations Act (Cap 446) of 1986.
- Form Six Results 2021 | Necta Result Form Six 2021
- Latest Form Five Second Selection 2020/2021
- Jobs at International Rescue Commitee 2021
- Jobs at Vikram Logistics Tanzania Limited 2021
The Company operations are also governed by relevant legislations and regulations such as the Finance Act, the Public Procurement Regulations, and Performance Contracting.
The main objective of setting up the Company was to provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost effective means of transporting petroleum products from Mombasa to the hinterland. (ICT Officer at Kenya Pipeline Company 2021)
In pursuit of this objective, the Company constructed pipeline network, storage and loading facilities for transportation, storage and distribution of petroleum products
The Company’s other mandate includes:
To build a pipeline for the conveyance of petroleum or petroleum products from Mombasa to Nairobi.
To own, manage or operate such pipelines and any other pipelines and associated ancillary facilities.
To market, process, treat, deal in petroleum products and other products and goods and provide transport and other distributive facilities, outlets and services in connection therewith.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze, design, configure, code, test, deploy and maintain software applications according to specifications and user requirements.
- Write and maintain software design specifications throughout the system life cycle.
- Support the daily operational activities including interfaces, operations and data integrity of specifically assigned systems in a standard, effective and timely manner. (ICT Officer at Kenya Pipeline Company 2021)
- Prepare comprehensive and thorough technical program documentation including specifications, test conditions, test plans, test data, etc.
- Manage or assist in the management of small to medium sized projects, including the planning, development, implementation and reporting of project status.
- Act as liaison with IT infrastructure group and other systems analysts to resolve problems with IT applications
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications in collaboration with internal users and other departments according to system development life cycle standards.
- Design, run and monitor software performance on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Assist the end user in use of IT applications by developing user manuals and guidelines and training end users to operate new or modified programs.
- Interface with business analysts to ensure the proper automation, use and integration of business processes and procedures for continuous information system improvement.
- Work with Basis and other teams across KPC to resolve technical problems
- Develop and maintain new reports in various programming languages including ABAP, Report Writers, .Net, Java, and others
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades
- Assist in the coordination of tasks assigned to contractor/consultants Train end users with simple network troubleshooting techniques. (ICT Officer at Kenya Pipeline Company 2021)
- Administration of application systems including SAP and others
- Administration of Relation Databases including Sybase, oracle, MS SQL, amongst others
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in IT, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information
- Post-graduate qualification in Information Technology if the first degree is not in any of the above degree options.
- Minimum four (4) years relevant experience. (ICT Officer at Kenya Pipeline Company 2021)
- Certification in SAP ABAP is mandatory.
- Certification in other development environments like .NET, Java and open source is an added advantage.
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
- Demonstrated competence in work performance.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Completed at least one full cycle implementation of ERP systems.
- A commercial understanding of business processes with specialization in any one of the following functional areas: Finance (FI), Controlling (CO), Human Resources (HR), Materials Management (MM), both in Procurement and Inventory Management, IS-OIL / TSW, Sales & Distribution (SD), Quality Management Systems (QMS), Project Systems (PS), Workflow or Business Intelligence (BI). Understanding of cross module integration points. (ICT Officer at Kenya Pipeline Company 2021)
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and resolve issues outside assigned module.
- Knowledge and experience of customizing in ERP.
For more information and job application details