Job Vacancy at Save the Children, Finance Coordinator
Job Vacancy at Save the Children, Finance Coordinator
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 2: either the role holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or they will be working in a ‘regulated’ position; therefore, a police check will be required.
- Online Jobs 2020 | Jobs From Home 2020
- Sales Intern WEGROW AGENCY LIMITED | Ajira Mpya 2020
- Job Vacancies at Nairobi Hospital | Jobs in Kenya 2020
- Tamisemi Jobs Vacancy at Momba District 2020
- Majina ya walimu wapya 2020 | Ajira Mpya za Walimu Tamisemi 2020
- Nafasi Mpya za Kazi 2020-Ajira Mpya 2020
Job Details-Job Vacancy at Save the Children, Finance Coordinator
TITLE: Finance Coordinator
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Refugee Response
LOCATION: Kibondo – Kigoma
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 year
Under direct supervision of Emergency Response Field Office Manager, the Finance Coordinator is responsible is expected to perform financial duties around accounting cycle and internal control environment, including; to ensure accuracy of accounting records & system, adherence of organizational policies & procedures and to ensure compliance of statutory obligations in consultation with Roving Finance and compliance specialist
S/he is expected to ensure that financial regulations and controls are in place at all times and all the financial transactions for Kibondo field office are administered, recorded and reported in accordance with both Save the Children, donor policies and procedures and General accepted accounting principles. The post holder will ensure that all reports whether periodic, statutory or donor related are accurate and meet the required standard.
SCOPE OF ROLE:-Job Vacancy at Save the Children, Finance Coordinator
Reports to: Refugees Response Program Manager
Number of direct reports: Finance and Administrative assistant
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Financial Compliance and Reporting
- The position holder will ensure that all accounting transactions for Kibondo Field office are reviewed before recorded in Agresso to ensure compliance with:
- Save the Children policies and procedures as well as Scheme of Delegation
- Respective donor’s policies and procedures [Awards team to be consulted for relevant donor polices & Procedures]
- Statutory obligations [relevant TAX and VAT laws, compliance with GAAP]
- Financial control procedures across the Humanitarian Programme.
- The post holder will ensure that each accounting transaction have a proper audit trail and supporting documents. The post holder will also ensure that the supporting documents are secured and archived in a retrievable manner.
- Assist the budget holder on reviewing Budget versus Actual Reviews on a monthly bases and supporting any necessary re-classing exercises.
Cash management and General Accounting
- Ensure that all bank/cash transactions are accurately entered into GLACOS and reviewed before posting.
- Ensure all payments to suppliers are made in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare weekly cash counts for each currency at week-end and month end, reconciling cash balances to cashbook balances – ensuring all codes are fully input.
- Help the finance assistant officer to request cash transfers from Dar es Salaam in consultation with Programme Manager to ensure adequate but not excessive cash is held in order to carry out programme activities.
- Crosscheck list of outstanding floats to staff on a weekly basis and follow up and ensure retirement of all floats within 14 working days.
- Advise the Emergency Response Field Office Manager of any operational challenges or discrepancies relating to the financial management of the programme in a timely manner.
- Makes sure Events and workshop MPESA payments are planned properly for cash flow purpose and during the events documentation are collected and initiated in MPESA for timely payments.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values;
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved;
Ambition:-Job Vacancy at Save the Children, Finance Coordinator
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same;
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale;
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters;
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength;
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to;
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions;
- willing to take disciplined risks;
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in relevant subject.
- At least 4 years accounting and administration experience. Previous INGO experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated good skills and experience in managing financials steams.
- Previous experience in Humanitarian emergency settings will be added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of financial computer applications, including spreadsheets. (e.g. Excel)
- Good personal organisational skills including time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of the team with interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s values, principals and Child Safeguarding policy.
Additional job responsibilities-Job Vacancy at Save the Children, Finance Coordinator
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures;
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
The deadline for submitting the application is 22 November 2020