Latest Jobs at Naivas Limited | Cooks Jobs in Kenya 2021, Naivas is headquartered in Nairobi, with retail outlets in many urban centres in the country, Jobs in Kenya 2021. Check also: New Jobs at Tanzania Tobacco Board (TTB) 2021
Latest Jobs at Naivas Limited | Cooks Jobs in Kenya 2021
The chain is the country’s largest supermarket chain followed by competitors Tuskys, Naivas recently opened a state of the art food market store, the first in East Africa. In July 2018, the company hired Andreas von Paleske, as an advisor to assist the business with its strategy and operations. ( Jobs at Naivas Limited, Jobs in Kenya 2021)
This culminated in bringing experienced African private equity firm Amethis on board for a minority stake. At that time, Naivas Limited maintained 47 stores in Kenya.
- Latest Jobs at Buchosa DC Sengerema 2021
- New Necta Form Six Results 2021 & Matokeo ya Form Six 2021
- New Form Five Selection 2021 | Waliochaguliwa Kidato cha Tano 2021
- Latest Form Five Second Selection 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs at Museums of Kenya (NMK) 2021
The supermarket chain opened its 53rd store in Kenya in July 2019 at Rongai, Nakuru County, with plans to open two more stores the same year. ( Jobs at Naivas Limited, Jobs in Kenya 2021)
Naivas Limited was registered on 24 July 1990. It previously traded as Rongai Self Service Stores Limited, serving mainly in Rongai in Nakuru County. The company name was changed later to Naivasha Self Service Stores Limited, before re-branding to the current Naivas Limited, in 2007.
In August 2013, the Johannesburg Stock Exchange-listed Massmart, a subsidiary of retail giant Walmart, offered to acquire a 51 per cent stake in Naivas at a cost of KSh3 billion, giving Massmart a controlling interest in the retail chain. ( Jobs at Naivas Limited, Jobs in Kenya 2021)
The bid triggered a feud at family-owned Naivas, and some family members asked a court to block the sale. In October 2013, Naivas management stated that they were no longer selling a controlling stake to Massmart.
On 16 July 2014, Naivas opened a store in Garissa, making it the first major retailer to open an outlet in the town. This was Naivas’ 31st branch in Kenya.
The food service cook is responsible for preparing quality deli products to Naivas’ specifications and standards in a safe manner
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure timely and quality food production
- Follow designated food production protocols
- Perform closing duties which include working the walk-in coolers and freezers, sweeping, praying and squeegee floors and leaving work space organized, paying special attention to proper order of product storage.
- Prevent shrink, damage and spoilage of product to ensure freshness and quality. ( Jobs at Naivas Limited, Jobs in Kenya 2021)
- Assist with building produce displays and ensure proper pricing and signage of products.
- Perform produce duties such as stocking, wrapping, clean-up as assigned by management in accordance with company guidelines.
- Learn and know recipes and proper product portioning
- Maintain product at proper temperatures
- Ensure proper food safety and sanitation procedures are performed. ( Jobs at Naivas Limited, Jobs in Kenya 2021)
Key Competencies Required
- Certificate or diploma in food production. ( Jobs at Naivas Limited, Jobs in Kenya 2021)
- At least KCSE C (Plain) or any other relevant qualification.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Lead and create consensus and effect change
- Good Analytical Skills
How to Apply
Submit the following documents with your application letter which should clearly indicate which position you are applying for:
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- Scan of your National ID, NSSF Card, NHIF Card & PIN Certificate
- Scan of your KCSE Certificate (Minimum Grade C- and above)
- Scan of Good Conduct Certificate
- A letter of reference
- Passport photo
Send your application with all the requirements to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject clearly indicating what position you are applying for.
The deadline for submission is before 6th April 2021.