Latest Job Opportunity at Church World Service 2022 | Caseworker
Welcome to this important post. We will help you with all useful updates about cws jobs tanzania, church world service tanzania, church world service staff, church world service tanzania address, church world service payment, church world service refugee resettlement. Check also: Jobs Opportunities at Coca Cola Kwanza Limited 2022
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
This position is primarily responsible for assisting eligible refugee applicants prepare the best possible case file for an interview with an Officer of United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for final adjudication.
You may also apply:
- Latest Jobs Vacancies at Airtel Tanzania PLC 2022
- Various Jobs Opportunities at PHSRF 2022
- Latest Job Vacancies at Digitise Tanzania 2022
- Jobs Opportunities at Mzumbe University (MU) 2022
- Achieves and maintains a high performance standard based on a thorough knowledge of, and adherence to, established Church World Service Resettlement Support Centre (CWS RSC Africa), Department of State (DOS), United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and Refugee Processing Centre (RPC) policies and procedures regarding current refugee processing eligibility criteria, database, and file management guidelines, the role of US Resettlement Agencies and refugee producing country conditions. cws jobs tanzania
- Travels throughout Sub-Saharan Africa, as assigned, to conduct resettlement interviews with refugee applicants, collecting biographical information and establishing refugee claims, in a dignified and professional manner.
- Primarily conducts the AOR Screening and Pre-Screening One interview, per the daily minimums set by Field Team Management, in a non-confrontational, objective, and dignified manner. This includes:
a. Determining case composition and ensures all refugee cases are cross-referenced according to established standard operating procedures.
b. Establishing the validity of an applicant’s identity through verification of all demographic and biographic information including, but not limited to, names, nationalities, birth dates, and locations of all immediate family members in order to complete the refugee case history as required.
c. Collecting all identity information including photographs, height, and weight.
d. Documenting applicant’s persecution claim.
e. Analyzing, evaluating, and assessing the eligibility of refugee applicants for final adjudication by USCIS officers.
4. Runs Quality Check reports to ensure complete and accurate files, as well as identifies and correct processing errors prior to USCIS adjudication.
5. Identifies and reviews cases pending Prescreening and USCIS interviews in preparation for scheduling, schedules the cases in WRAPS, generates reports for refugee/partner notification, ensures that the reports are centrally filed for easy retrieval, and updates WRAPS accordingly.
6. Prepares cases for CIS, including reviewing physical and WRAPS files and constituting physical files. cws jobs tanzania
7. Works with other Operations departments as necessary to properly update the appropriate cases. Assists as needed in preparing circuit rides.
8. Assists Adjudications Circuit Rides as needed, which includes completing post-Adjudication review, updating decisions and fingerprints, and preparing and distributing decision letters.
9. Completes and updates all case files all database records.
10. Writes deferrals and info memos for referring agency action, as required.
11. Conducts file reviews in accordance with RSC and USCIS guidelines, paying close attention to detail.
12. Assists in various administrative tasks including but not limited to: research, locating files, data entry, and case analysis.
13. Analyses complex cases in consultation with Supervisors in accordance with established policies and procedures, while remaining open to supervisory direction.
14. Contributes to the development of Field Team training procedures and their implementation.
15. Trains new staff as required.
16. Contributes to the development and updating of standard operating procedures for the Field Team in coordination with Field Team.
17. Performs additional duties and special assignments as needed to facilitate the efficient processing and operation of the United States Refugee Admissions Program in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Casework or previous resettlement experience is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills;
- Second language an advantage; Somali, Tigrinya, French, Amharic, Kinyarwanda or Arabic preferred;
- Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records;
- Analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP)
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
Education & Certifications: cws jobs tanzania
- Bachelor’s Degree is required (or 4 years of work experience in lieu of a bachelors degree)
• COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
• The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa.
• This position is based in Kasulu, Tanzania
• This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
• This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
• Background check which includes references and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment for International applicants.
• A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
• Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
• Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
• The US Embassy rates Tanzania as both HIGH in crime and HIGH in terrorism. Incumbents should fully understand the insecurities present within Tanzania and the region.
• Full time
• All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding he COVID-19 pandemic.